Henry River Village Ghost Town, Hunger Games Film Location
The Henry River Mill originally ran on water power. In 1914, a steam plant was installed and then in 1926, the mill was converted to electric power. In its early years, the mill operated 4,000 yarn-making spindles. By the time it shut down in the late 1960s, the mill had 12,000 spindles and produced fine combed yarn for lace.